Olive Oil Dip Recipe
Combine a blend of herbs to create this mouthwatering mix. Plumping the herbs in water before stirring into olive oil enhances the flavor. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (1/4 cup total).
- To prepare dipping oil: In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine 4 teaspoons herb mix with water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-15 seconds. Drain excess water. Transfer to a shallow serving plate; add oil and stir. Serve with bread. Yield: 1/2 cup per batch.
Originally published as Herb Mix for Dipping Oil in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Winter 2008, pdemo
Reviews for Olive Oil Dip(5)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2012
Delicious! Will definantly keep it on hand. I used paprika instead of pepper flakes. Nice zip!
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2011
Was told it was better than they had in expensive Italian restaurants.
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2010
very tasty and easy to make
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Italian Appetizers >