- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (1/4 cup total).
- To prepare dipping oil: In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine 4 teaspoons herb mix with water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-15 seconds. Drain excess water. Transfer to a shallow serving plate; add oil and stir. Serve with bread. Yield: 1/2 cup per batch.
Reviews for Olive Oil Dip
Sort By :
"Excellent as dip with beer bread. Will keep it on hand in the pantry"
"Delicious! Will definantly keep it on hand. I used paprika instead of pepper flakes. Nice zip!"
"Was told it was better than they had in expensive Italian restaurants."
"very tasty and easy to make"
"Good recipe. However, we blacken the garlic flakes in the oven and don't bother with blanching (mixing with water to plump). Also, we used cracked black pepper corns and don't use the red pepper flakes."