One of my favorite combinations is honey, olive oil and sea salt. It works great in cookies as well as savory things. Add to that notes of lemon and rosemary and you've got yourself a one-of-a-kind treat. —Bryan Kennedy, Kaneohe, Hawaii
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in the egg, then honey and lemon extract. Combine the flours, rosemary, lemon peel, baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Gradually add to sugar mixture; mix just until combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle tops with remaining sea salt. Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Olive Oil Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p232
Reviews for Olive Oil Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review