Olive-Herb Cheese Spread Mix Recipe
We combine a blend of dried herbs to create a delicious mix that wonderfully flavors cream cheese. You can even use the spread on sandwiches.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced chives
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Pita chips or crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a small spice jar. Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 5 batches (5 tablespoons total).
- 2. To prepare spread: In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 tablespoon seasoning mix until blended. Beat in enough milk until spread reaches desired consistency. Stir in olives. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with pita chips or crackers. Yield: 1-1/4 cups per batch.
2 tablespoons (calculated without chips and crackers) equals 88 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Olive-Herb Cheese Spread Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC