We combine a blend of dried herbs to create a delicious mix that wonderfully flavors cream cheese. You can even use the spread on sandwiches.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: 42 Holiday Party Snacks Every Host Should Know
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced chives
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Pita chips or crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a small spice jar. Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 5 batches (5 tablespoons total).
- To prepare spread: In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 tablespoon seasoning mix until blended. Beat in enough milk until spread reaches desired consistency. Stir in olives. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with pita chips or crackers. Yield: 1-1/4 cups per batch.
Originally published as Olive-Herb Cheese Spread Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p101
Reviews for Olive-Herb Cheese Spread Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review