Olive Focaccia Recipe
- 1-1/8 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/3 to 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 5 Greek olives, sliced
- 5 sliced green olives with pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon shredded Romano cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and 1 cup flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough. Stir in tomatoes, peppers, olives and parsley.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 50 minutes.
- 3. Punch dough down. Shape into a 9-in. circle on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 25 minutes. With fingertips, make several dimples over top of dough. Brush with oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt and cheeses.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (8 wedges).
1 wedge equals 118 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 418 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.