Olive Floret Salad Recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted small ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, carrots and olives. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing and dressing mix; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, toss again and sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 13 servings.
3/4 cup (prepared with fat-free Italian dressing, 1 tablespoon salad dressing mix and reduced-fat feta cheese) equals 77 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 598 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.