In Aurora, Colorado, Lisa Hymson serves these tasty handheld sandwiches with salsa on the side for dipping. "Or slice them into pinwheels for appetizers," she suggests.
Recommended: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/4 pounds deli smoked chicken
- Salsa or picante sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Fold in chilies, olives, pimientos, garlic powder, chili powder and pepper sauce.
- Spread on one side of each tortilla; top with chicken and roll up tightly. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Olive Chicken Roll-Ups in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p39
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Olive Chicken Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2010
"This is one of my family's favorite receipes! I have been making this one for years."