Olive-Cheese Zucchini Boats Recipe
I WAS ANXIOUS the first time I tried this recipe, wondering if my family would like it. It was a big hit, though, and I was happy to find another idea for serving this prolific garden vegetable. I serve it most often with chicken. It adds so much color to the plate. -Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out and reserve pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells. Place zucchini shells, cut side down, in a skillet. Add water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 2. Turn shells cut side up; sprinkle with salt. Chop zucchini pulp; saute in a small saucepan in butter for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in bread crumbs and olives. Spoon into the zucchini shells; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook over medium heat (with no added water) for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 120 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC