Olive Cheese Bread
"The recipe for this rich cheesy bread was given to me by a co-worker's wife, and I've used it often," notes Nancy McWhorter of Bridge City, Texas. "With the tasty addition of ripe olives and onions, it's a perfect complement to seafood, Italian food or barbecue fare."
12-16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Slice bread in
- half widthwise and lengthwise.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread cheese mixture over cut
- sides of bread. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the
- cheese is melted. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 223 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.