"The recipe for this rich cheesy bread was given to me by a co-worker's wife, and I've used it often," notes Nancy McWhorter of Bridge City, Texas. "With the tasty addition of ripe olives and onions, it's a perfect complement to seafood, Italian food or barbecue fare."
Featured In: 42 Holiday Party Snacks Every Host Should Know
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Slice bread in half widthwise and lengthwise.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread cheese mixture over cut sides of bread. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Olive Cheese Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p55
Reviews for Olive Cheese Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2011
"Excellent for company or family."
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2009
"This is quick, easy, and delicious. We have made it several times with rave reviews by our guests!!!"