Olive Cheese Ball
If you like olives, you’ll love this special cheese ball from LaVerne Vinzant of Catawba, Wisconsin. “I received the recipe from a friend many years ago and am always asked to make it,” she writes. TIP: “I like to prepare this ahead of time and chill it for at least 3 hours. You can serve it with any snack cracker.”
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Stir in
- the olives and onions. Shape into a ball; roll in walnuts. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball
- (3 cups).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 105 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.