Olive Bruschetta Recipe
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread baguette, sliced and toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Serve on toasted baguette slices. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 169 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Olive Bruschetta
"This bruschetta is fantastic. It was good the first day and the next; unfortunately it didn't last longer than that! I served it like a side salad instead of on bread, and it was very good that way. I did substitute yellow onion for the red onion, and used dried parsley instead of fresh because that is what I had on hand. A keeper!"
"Made this for my daughter and son-in-law, who recently went on their honeymoon cruise to Italy and Greece and they loved it!!!"
"This was so good, I ate the leftovers by the spoonful, almost like a salad. YUM!!"