This convenient and colorful party classic from Linda Austin in Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey, can be made several days in advance. In fact, it actually tastes better if prepared ahead so all the fresh flavors can blend together. Best served at room temperature with a crusty loaf of toasted French bread or your favorite crackers.
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread baguette, sliced and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small
- bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables
- and toss to coat. Serve on toasted baguette slices. Yield: 2-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 2 each appetizers equals 169 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.