- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sliced pitted green olives
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oil, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Roll into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle olives to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (30 slices).
Originally published as Olive Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p117
Reviews for Olive Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review