Olive and Red Pepper Linguine
"With 16 grandchildren, I find that someone is always hungry," writes Berry Carpenter of Hookstown, Pennsylvania. "This is a quick dish to fix when I'm busy. I sometimes serve it along with garlic bread for an easy meatless meal," she adds.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 15 pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute the red pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil
- until tender. Drain linguine; add to the skillet. Stir in the olives
- and butter; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 158 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.