"With 16 grandchildren, I find that someone is always hungry," writes Berry Carpenter of Hookstown, Pennsylvania. "This is a quick dish to fix when I'm busy. I sometimes serve it along with garlic bread for an easy meatless meal," she adds.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 15 pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the red pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Drain linguine; add to the skillet. Stir in the olives and butter; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Olive And Red Pepper Linguine in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p39
Reviews for Olive and Red Pepper Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2012
"This stuff is a favorite in our house! Wonderful recipe, thank you!"