Olive and Herb Toasts Recipe
Tangy olives pair well with the mild fresh mozzarella for crunchy, savory appetizers that can be assembled in no time.—Laura Moran, Friendship, Wisconsin
- 16 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 16 slices
- 1-1/2 cups Sicilian green olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with half of the oil. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Top with cheese. Combine the olives, basil and remaining oil; spoon over bread. Broil for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve warm. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 appetizer equals 153 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC