- 16 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 16 slices
- 1-1/2 cups Sicilian green olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with half of the oil. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Top with cheese. Combine the olives, basil and remaining oil; spoon over bread. Broil for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve warm. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Olive and Herb Toasts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p240
Reviews for Olive and Herb Toasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review