Olive 'n Fig Chicken for Two
Olive fans will enjoy the elegance of this easy entree. “I love green olives and figs, so I put them together with chicken for a salty-sweet combination that’s perfect for a special meal.” —Carol Hull, Hermiston, Oregon
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup green olive tapenade
- 1 tablespoon fig preserves
- Sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness; sprinkle with garlic salt and
- lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium
- heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads
- reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook tapenade and fig preserves over medium heat
- until heated through, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Return chicken to the pan; cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes or until
- chicken is heated through. Garnish with olives if desired. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 345 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 822 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.