Olive 'n Fig Chicken for Two Recipe
Olive fans will enjoy the elegance of this easy entree. “I love green olives and figs, so I put them together with chicken for a salty-sweet combination that’s perfect for a special meal.” —Carol Hull, Hermiston, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup green olive tapenade
- 1 tablespoon fig preserves
- Sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness; sprinkle with garlic salt and lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook tapenade and fig preserves over medium heat until heated through, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Return chicken to the pan; cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is heated through. Garnish with olives if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 345 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 822 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC