Olive & Roasted Pepper Bruschetta
I've tried many versions of bruschetta but think this recipe contains the perfect blend of ingredients. It's super easy, and you can make the topping ahead. —Jennifer Mathis, Hilton Head, South Carolina
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 16 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Top each bread
- slice with 1 tablespoon olive mixture. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 62 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.