Olive & Cheese Appetizers
These pizza-like appetizers are sure to appeal to all people at your party. Prepare the olive mixture in advance. When ready to serve, spread on bread slices and bake.Germaine Stank, Pound, Wisconsin
36 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1 jar (5 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In a small bowl, combine the olives, cheeses, onions, mayonnaise and
- chili powder. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Spread over bread slices. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at
- 400° for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 62 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.