- over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the
- tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms, herbs and hot pepper sauce; bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until
- Loosen one polenta from sides and bottom of dish; invert onto a waxed
- paper-lined baking sheet and set aside. Spoon half of the meat
- mixture over the remaining polenta. Sprinkle with half the
- mozzarella and half the Parmesan cheese. Top with reserved polenta
- and remaining meat mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until heated through.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or
- until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 345 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 874 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.