Ole Omelet Recipe
"My family loves omelets after church on Sundays," comments Karen Stephens of Noble, Illinois. "These cook quickly and satisfy big appetites in a hurry."
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 slices process American cheese, halved
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped mushrooms, optional
- Additional salsa and sour cream, optional
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper. Coat a 10-in. skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add egg mixture. As the eggs set, lift the edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are nearly set, place cheese, salsa, chilies and mushrooms if desired over half of eggs; fold in half. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with additional salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 1-2 servings.
Originally published as Ole Omelet in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p12
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Ole Omelet(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mexican Breakfast >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Mushroom Breakfast Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Omelet Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >