- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups dry unseasoned bread cubes
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Alternate the pork chops and stuffing lengthwise in a greased 3-qt. or 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forOld-World Stuffed Pork Chops
"I love stuffed pork chops and thought this an above-average recipe. Maybe your chops weren't thick enough or your oven temp is off. Or if you're using BONELESS chops, cook them only about 30 min. - cook the 1 hr for bone-in chops. Today's pork is extremely lean and easily overcooks to dryness. The only thing I changed was I increased the grated onion to 1 tablespoon. Also, you can do this the traditional way, and cut pockets in the chops and stuff them - but for that you'll need thicker chops."
"I wanted to like this (especially since I grew up in Milwaukee), but we found it to be quite dry--would have to adjust oven temp and/or time."