- 1-2/3 cups zwieback crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine zwieback crumbs, sugar and cinnamon; mix in butter until mixture is crumbled. Press onto bottom and 1-1/2 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat all filling ingredients except eggs until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low until combined. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake until center is set, about 50 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes, leaving oven on. Combine topping ingredients; spoon around edge of cheesecake. Carefully spread over filling. Bake 10 minutes longer. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; cool 1 hour. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Old-World Ricotta Cheesecake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p30
Reviews for Old-World Ricotta Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review