- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sliced pepperoni
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Stir in sugar, salt, oil and flour. Beat vigorously 20 strokes. Cover and let rest about 15 minutes.
- With buttered fingers, pat crust into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover with pizza sauce. Top with next four ingredients. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until crust and cheese are lightly browned. Yield: 8-12 servings.
Originally published as Old-World Pizza in Country Ground Beef 1993, p59
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Old-World Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review