Old World Italian Beef Roll Recipe
- 2 slices Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon or salami, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 beef top round steak (1-1/2 pounds and 1/2-inch thick), pounded to tenderize
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup water
- Spaghetti sauce
- Cooked pasta
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Spread over steak, roll-up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side. Tie with string.
- 2. In a heavy skillet or Dutch oven, heat oil and brown meat on all sides. Add water; cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Remove string; cut steak into 1-1/2-in. slices. Serve with spaghetti sauce and pasta. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 216 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Old World Italian Beef Roll
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.