- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place apples in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and allspice; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Old-Time Apple Crisp
Sort By :
"Made this yesterday to take as dessert for a dinner we had been invited to. Fantastic! I did double all the ingredients (used a 9x13" baking dish) for a crowd. Increased the baking time to 40-45 minutes. This recipe for apple crisp got rave reviews."
"Another *GREAT* favorite!"
"I have made many apple crisps for my family. I love them so much! Warms you up on a cold day! This recipe is perfect. The right balance of sugar, flour, oats and butter to make the crisp! Mmmmm!!!"
"Great flavor with addition of the allspice!"