Old-Time Apple Crisp Recipe
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place apples in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and allspice; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Old-Time Apple Crisp
Sort By :
Another *GREAT* favorite!
I have made many apple crisps for my family. I love them so much! Warms you up on a cold day! This recipe is perfect. The right balance of sugar, flour, oats and butter to make the crisp! Mmmmm!!!
Great flavor with addition of the allspice!
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Yumm