Old Settlers' Baked Beans Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large skillet, cook beef, bacon and onion until meat is done and onion is tender. Drain any fat. Combine all remaining ingredients except beans. Add to meat mixture; mix well. Stir in beans. P
- Place in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Old Settlers' Baked Beans(9)
Sort By :
Great Recipe. I left out the white sugar and reduced the amount of brown sugar to 1/4 cup. To bulk up the recipe and to add some color I added a can of Black beans. For extra measures I also added a can of Butter Beans. This recipe is almost a clone to my older version of Old Settlers Baked Beans.
I also reduced the amount of both meats.
This was a hit with us, our kids and grandkids. A wee bit too much sugar and, since I couldn't find a 16 oz can of baked beans, I used a 28 ox can of baked beans. This will definately be repeated over and over as a real crowd pleaser!
I have to make these just about for every cookout..... Everyone loves them :)
I liked these, but they were too sweet. I'll probably leave out the white sugar if I make them again.
My family liked these better than any other baked beans I've made in the past.