Old Glory Dessert Recipe
Our home economists took advantage of convenient refrigerated cookie dough to create the crust for this fresh fruit pizza. Easily arranged berries give it an appealing patriotic appearance. -Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 1. Press cookie dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Set aside 1/4 cup. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over crust.Decorate with blueberries and strawberries to resemble a flag.
- 3. Cut a small hole in a corner of a pastry or plastic bag. Insert star tip #16. Fill with reserved cream cheese mixture. Beginning in one corner, pipe stars in the spaces between the blueberries. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 253 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Old Glory Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC