- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- Press cookie dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Set aside 1/4 cup. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over crust.Decorate with blueberries and strawberries to resemble a flag.
- Cut a small hole in a corner of a pastry or plastic bag. Insert star tip #16. Fill with reserved cream cheese mixture. Beginning in one corner, pipe stars in the spaces between the blueberries. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Old Glory Dessert
Sort By :
Wonderful & very easy...my little guy & myself made it for memorial day! It's gone! Very tasty
I've served this several times & it is always a big hit!
Great recipe! It was gone in minutes. Instead of using the tube of sugar cookie dough I used the ready to bake ones I used about 1 1/2 pgks. they are 16oz pkgs.
Such a pretty, unique and easy dessert to make. Many, many compliments every time I make it as it is so yummy, and so pretty everyone comments on the beauty of it, as well as the taste. Everyone simply loves it, if only they knew it was so simple to make!
This dessert is simple to make and tastes great! I have made it many times, using the flag for Memorial Day and 4th of July get-togethers. I have also used the "cake" and frosting for other occasions. Everyone who tries it loves it, and especially when I do the flag they say "what a great idea"
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >