Old-Fashioned Vanilla Pudding Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in butter and vanilla.
- 3. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup equals 181 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Vanilla Pudding
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.