- coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 1 hour,
- turning once.
- Transfer the carcass, bones and vegetables to an 8-qt. stockpot. Add
- 4 qts. cold water; set aside. Pour remaining cold water into baking
- pan, stirring to loosen browned bits. Add to pot. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 hours.
- Cool slightly. Strain broth; discard bones and vegetables. Set
- stockpot in an ice-water bath until cooled, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Skim fat from broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a
- simmer. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring 3 qts. water to a boil.
- Add noodles and carrots; cook for 4 minutes. Add celery; cook 5-7
- minutes longer or until noodles and vegetables are tender. Drain;
- add to simmering broth. Add cubed turkey; heat through. Stir in the
- parsley, salt, thyme and pepper. Yield: 10 servings (about 4
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cup equals 188 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 670 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.