Old-Fashioned Tea Cookies
These buttery, rich tasting treats help me and the ladies in my card club overcome the dark days of winter. It's nice to end our card parties on a sweet note.Peggy Tucker, Mantachie, Mississippi
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour. Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart
- on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with fingers.
- Bake at 325° for 17-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 128 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.