Old-Fashioned Tapioca Recipe
My family loves old-fashioned tapioca, but I don’t always have time to make it. So, I came up with this simple recipe. It lets us enjoy one of our favorites without all the hands-on time. —Ruth Peters, Bel Air, Maryland
- 8 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup pearl tapioca
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries and whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a 4- to 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the milk, tapioca, sugar and salt. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs; stir in a small amount of hot tapioca mixture. Return all to the slow cooker, stirring to combine. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Stir in vanilla.
- 3. Serve with strawberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 18 servings (1/2 cup each).
1/2 cup: 149 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Tapioca
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC