- 8 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup pearl tapioca
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries and whipped cream, optional
- In a 4- to 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the milk, tapioca, sugar and salt. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs; stir in a small amount of hot tapioca mixture. Return all to the slow cooker, stirring to combine. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Stir in vanilla.
- Serve with strawberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 18 servings (1/2 cup each).
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Tapioca in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p20
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Tapioca
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review