Old-Fashioned Tapioca Recipe
My family loves old-fashioned tapioca, but I don't always have the time to make it. That's why I developed this simple recipe that let's us enjoy the comforting dessert without the fuss. —Ruth Peters, Bel Air, Maryland
- 8 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup pearl tapioca
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries and whipped cream, optional
- In a 4- to 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the milk, tapioca, sugar and salt. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs; stir in a small amount of hot tapioca mixture. Return all to the slow cooker, stirring to combine. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Stir in vanilla.
- Serve with strawberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Tapioca in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p20
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Tapioca(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review