Old-Fashioned Strawberry Soda
Meet the Cook: With just a quick pulse of the blender, you will have what I call a "refreshing sipper" - and you'll be asked for more!
Ever since I was little, I've enjoyed cooking. I like trying new recipes for my husband and our sons - 6, 4 and 1.
-Ginger Hubbard, Anderson, Missouri
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 cup ginger ale, chilled
- In a blender, combine the milk, strawberries, ice cream, sugar and
- food coloring if desired; cover and process until smooth. Pour into
- chilled glasses. Add ginger ale and serve immediately. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 228 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.