Old-Fashioned Strawberry Soda Recipe
Meet the Cook: With just a quick pulse of the blender, you will have what I call a "refreshing sipper" - and you'll be asked for more! Ever since I was little, I've enjoyed cooking. I like trying new recipes for my husband and our sons - 6, 4 and 1. -Ginger Hubbard, Anderson, Missouri
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 cup ginger ale, chilled
- In a blender, combine the milk, strawberries, ice cream, sugar and food coloring if desired; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses. Add ginger ale and serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Strawberry Soda in Country Woman May/June 1997, p33
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Strawberry Soda(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2010
It is easy, tasty, & a great way to use very ripe strawberries.