Old-Fashioned Scalloped Potatoes
This recipe makes a small quantity but still has old-fashioned goodness. These tender potatoes taste great with any main dish, but I especially like them with meat loaf.—Dawn Fagerstrom, Warren, Minnesota
1 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 3 teaspoons of butter. Stir in
- flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Place half of the potatoes in a greased 2-cup baking dish; top with
- the onion and half of the sauce. Layer with remaining potatoes and
- sauce. Dot with remaining butter. Cover and bake at 350° for 30
- minutes. Uncover; bake 30-40 minutes longer or until potatoes are
- tender. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 396 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 823 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.