Old-Fashioned Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
This recipe makes a small quantity but still has old-fashioned goodness. These tender potatoes taste great with any main dish, but I especially like them with meat loaf.—Dawn Fagerstrom, Warren, Minnesota
- 3-1/2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 3 teaspoons of butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Place half of the potatoes in a greased 2-cup baking dish; top with the onion and half of the sauce. Layer with remaining potatoes and sauce. Dot with remaining butter. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 30-40 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 each) equals 396 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 823 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Scalloped Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC