- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) fat-free beef gravy
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons water
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg white, onion, crumbs, milk, horseradish, salt if desired, and pepper. Shape into four oval patties.
- In a large skillet cook patties over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and meat is no longer pink. Remove patties and keep warm. Add gravy, mushrooms and water to skillet; heat for 3-5 minutes. Serve over patties and noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salisbury Steak in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p17
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Salisbury Steak(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >