Old-Fashioned Riced Potatoes
This traditional side dish is a nice change from mashed potatoes. My husband is a big fan of them.—Gloria A. Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 5 whole peppercorns
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place potatoes in a large kettle or Dutch oven; cover with water. Tie
- peppercorns and bay leaf in a double thickness of cheesecloth; add
- to pan. Add celery salt and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to
- medium; cover and cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain. Discard spice bag. Using a potato ricer or grater, press or
- grate potatoes into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with parsley if
- desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 100 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.