Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt if desired. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Add raisins and vanilla; cover and bake for 15 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding
Sort By :
"I omitted the raisins and substituted Truvia/sugar blend (4 Tablespoons) and knocked the carbs down to 26g. This is great for my husband who is prediabetic. He can have a GENEROUS 3/4 cup serving for desert and not go over his carbs for the day. And he says it beats any rice pudding he ever ate!"
"Im making it now. My first time, but was JUST in the mood. :) I will rate once I try it. Cant wait! It's going to be my dinner, just because. LoI rated "1" star because I cant comment without a rating. :(K, so this was yummy!!!! Will make again."
"This is an excellent recipe without using a pudding mix. Sometimes I use almond flavoring and I have to 4X the recipe...there's NEVER any leftovers (usually theres 10-15+ people eating). If you like it thinner, just use more milk. My son likes to add heavy whipping cream to his bowl, makes it thinner and creamy(er). : )"
"This was wonderful....I loved it so yummy!"
"This was to die for!! Made it for my family and we all licked our bowls clean! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe!!"