- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt if desired. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Add raisins and vanilla; cover and bake for 15 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding
Sort By :
"Very easy to make. I double recipe and the last time I made it used brown sugar instead. A bag of rice goes a long way!"
"absolutely amazing - so creamy - skipped the raisins"
"this was great, i used a can of carnation for part of the milk, added the raisins after bringing to a boil,was cooked in 30 min so be sure and check for doneness after second stirring, i forgot to add the vanilla and it was still delicious"
"I omitted the raisins and substituted Truvia/sugar blend (4 Tablespoons) and knocked the carbs down to 26g. This is great for my husband who is prediabetic. He can have a GENEROUS 3/4 cup serving for desert and not go over his carbs for the day. And he says it beats any rice pudding he ever ate!"
"Im making it now. My first time, but was JUST in the mood. :) I will rate once I try it. Cant wait! It's going to be my dinner, just because. LoI rated "1" star because I cant comment without a rating. :(K, so this was yummy!!!! Will make again."