Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt if desired. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Add raisins and vanilla; cover and bake for 15 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding
Sort By :
This is an excellent recipe without using a pudding mix. Sometimes I use almond flavoring and I have to 4X the recipe...there's NEVER any leftovers (usually theres 10-15+ people eating). If you like it thinner, just use more milk. My son likes to add heavy whipping cream to his bowl, makes it thinner and creamy(er). : )
This was wonderful....I loved it so yummy!
This was to die for!! Made it for my family and we all licked our bowls clean! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe!!
Yummy...Yummy...Did I say Yummy!!
My oldest son, who's staying with us while recovering from back surgery, requested this recipe! I've been making it since it was published in TOH in 1996. We have 6 kids & this was frequently a Friday meatless meal for us. Never had leftovers! The fact that my kids still ask for it when they're home says how much they love it still! I don't add the raisins because my family doesn't like them. But, we sprinkle it with cinnamon & sugar. Wonderful!