Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt if desired. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Add raisins and vanilla; cover and bake for 15 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding(20)
Sort By :
This was wonderful....I loved it so yummy!
This was to die for!! Made it for my family and we all licked our bowls clean! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe!!
Yummy...Yummy...Did I say Yummy!!
My oldest son, who's staying with us while recovering from back surgery, requested this recipe! I've been making it since it was published in TOH in 1996. We have 6 kids & this was frequently a Friday meatless meal for us. Never had leftovers! The fact that my kids still ask for it when they're home says how much they love it still! I don't add the raisins because my family doesn't like them. But, we sprinkle it with cinnamon & sugar. Wonderful!
When doubling this recipe l found adding 1/2 c. more milk than recipe calls for makes it just right! mmmm
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Rice Pudding Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pudding Recipes >