Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding Recipe
This comforting dessert is a wonderful way to end any meal. As a girl, I always waited eagerly for the first heavenly bite. Today, my husband likes to top his with a scoop of ice cream. —Sandra Melnychenko, Grandview, Manitoba
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Add raisins and vanilla; cover and bake for 15 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 208 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC