- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt if desired. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Add raisins and vanilla; cover and bake for 15 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding
Sort By :
"Best rice pudding recipe I have tried yet, I followed the recipe totally and was not disappointed. Thank You"
"Very easy to make. I double recipe and the last time I made it used brown sugar instead. A bag of rice goes a long way!"
"absolutely amazing - so creamy - skipped the raisins"
"this was great, i used a can of carnation for part of the milk, added the raisins after bringing to a boil,was cooked in 30 min so be sure and check for doneness after second stirring, i forgot to add the vanilla and it was still delicious"
"I omitted the raisins and substituted Truvia/sugar blend (4 Tablespoons) and knocked the carbs down to 26g. This is great for my husband who is prediabetic. He can have a GENEROUS 3/4 cup serving for desert and not go over his carbs for the day. And he says it beats any rice pudding he ever ate!"