- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Add raisins and vanilla; cover and bake for 15 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding
Sort By :
"Yum! My only complaint is that there wasn't enough!"
"I made this recipe just as it was described and the salt should be omitted! You could taste the salt in every bite. Yuck!"
"All I had on hand was jasmine rice. Used it and increased milk to 4 cups. I have finally found a delicious and easy rice pudding recipe. Yummy!"
"Best rice pudding recipe I have tried yet, I followed the recipe totally and was not disappointed. Thank You"
"Very easy to make. I double recipe and the last time I made it used brown sugar instead. A bag of rice goes a long way!"