Old-Fashioned Rhubarb Torte Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- Whipped cream
- In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, confectioners' sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat into a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs, sugar, baking powder and remaining flour. Fold in rhubarb and spread over crust. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Rhubarb Torte
Sort By :
This is very close to my mom's recipe. It's my favorite thing to do with rhubarb.
Great recipe. I would probably double the crust, only because I like a thicker crust.
Delicious! I added 1/2 tsp. cinnamon to the egg mixture. Try it... the added flavor is wonderful. I also served it with ice cream.