Old-Fashioned Potatoes Anna
Cheddar cheese, onion and sweet red pepper make these potatoes extra-special and flavorful.Megan Gerritsen, Bridgwater, Maine
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks. Add potatoes, cheese, onion and red
- pepper. In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into
- potato mixture. Add salt and pepper.
- Place in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 400°
- for 20 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 137 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.